Feb 4, 2012

The Azaleas are blooming!




This very large Cuban Tree Frog is hiding safely in this birdhouse NOW.....As I removed the flagstone around the old pond I stumbled across quite a scene...this big guy was halfway down the throat of a rather large Black snake, either a Racer or a possible Indigo...when I startled him he regurgitated the Frog.....Grossss...watched the whole thing......The Frog literally screamed aloud and jumped into the hole that was once a pond.....The DH scooped him into the birdhouse..I know he's an invasive species...but really it was a bad day, he gets a repreive.....Mr Snake climbed into the rose bush so I got a peeksy at his belly...it was indeed black...here's to hoping an Indigo has moved in...

Wow...what a mess...and another large project I have before me...Any suggestions for this area?
Once the Flagstone was removed from the old pond, I placed it around the front two sides of the new Above ground pond...surprised me how many were actually there. We are getting there...we will be pouring concrete caps on top of the RR ties, as a bench around the top...


the Fish are very happy in there new home...

Here in Florida we have quite a shortage of rocks...so I collect them everywhere I go and place them here and there in the garden...Some of these rocks are from The Hudson River in Upstate NY, some  from Lake George in NY, and also Maryland....And quite a few of my small flat black rocks are found right here on our own Florida beaches...No One ever sees them.....past the shells...ssshhhhhhhh...our secret! People collect beach glass, and seashells, I look for black shells and black rocks....


Can you believe the Azaleas are already blooming! I would love to have an entire garden dedicated to this bush! They have my heart!

This little guy, Blue Daze (Evolvulus glomeratus)
 has not stopped blooming since June....It has impressed me so much...

Rosa "New Dawn".....Don't forget...It's almost time to cut the roses back! An easy way to remember when to prune Roses in Florida...... Valentine's Day...a little tip I got when Giles Rose nursery was still around...



This is the most beautiful stand of grass ever! It's over 8 feet tall.....and I still have yet to figure out what kind it is......It's been suggested it's a large Fakahatchee...but I haven't been able to confirm that yet! Anyone?

It's been a great weekend...to be outside....so let the housework go,,,and get out there and spread some seed! Enjoy your week!  janine





No comments: